Dwelling Insurance

We live in a day and age where people want more options and more choices. Oftentimes, this is a good thing. But when it comes to buying home insurance, all of the choices and details can become overwhelming. It can be pretty confusing for homeowners. There are so many different types of insurance that are available in your area. It can be, at times, hard to distinguish the good choices from the bad because so much depends on you and your unique needs and situation.

How Dwelling Insurance Works

This is where Snyder Insurance comes into play. We can help make sense of it all by helping customers find dwelling insurance options that are right for them. Dwelling insurance is similar to homeowner’s insurance, but is much more selective in what it covers. It can be purchased by homeowners or landlords to protect their properties. There are benefits to having this additional insurance coverage for those who need it. Some people may never find themselves in a situation where they need it. But if you do need it and don’t have it, financial disaster may loom large. So, if you have asked the question, “what does dwelling insurance cover,” contact Snyder Insurance today and let us help you find dwelling insurance options that are right for you!

What Does Dwelling Insurance Cover?

The first thing that must be noted is, what exactly this type of insurance covers. Dwelling insurance protects the structure of your home against physical damage and destruction. That is the basic one-sentence description, but it is actually a bit more involved than that. Dwelling insurance is used to cover the home you live in, but also in instances where you do not need full coverage -such as when you have a landlord you are renting an apartment or condo from.

Basically, when you get a dwelling insurance policy, only the structure of your home is covered. It covers certain and specific perils and damages that can impact your home or apartment. Only certain damages are included under the insurance, and these will be named in the policy. Common coverage is available for things including lightning, fire, wind damage, snow or ice, sinkholes, riot, storm damage, smoke damage, and explosion. Other perils include burglary, or theft of the home’s structural elements such as the AC unit.

In some states and areas vandalism, earthquakes, floods, and a few other “acts of God’” may be covered, but this depends on your specific area and your policy. For added protection, you can buy additional coverage that is not on a standard policy.